Myeloma UK was established in 1997. Since then we’ve been working tirelessly to provide support, to advance treatment through research, improve care for myeloma patients and their families and raise awareness of myeloma.
We receive no Government funding and rely almost entirely on voluntary donations and fundraising. Our key achievements include:
• We’ve worked collaboratively to establish 34 Clinical Trial Network centres across the UK, recruiting hundreds of patients to innovative trials
• We have helped to improve access to drugs and treatments on the NHS and influence health policy through passionate Patient Advocacy work
• Our Patient Information publications have grown over the years, offering informative guides for patients and carers
• The Myeloma Infoline and Ask the Nurse email service have answered thousands of calls and emails from myeloma patients
• We have worked to educate and engage with healthcare professionals to raise awareness, develop an Early Diagnosis Programme and identify Centres of Excellence
• Fundraisers and supporters have helped us to raise over £31.2 million to help fund the vital work we do
Despite our achievements, there’s still much to be done. We want to work together to progress towards our ultimate goal of finding a cure and making myeloma history.