Crohn’s & Colitis UK
Crohn’s & Colitis UK is the UK’s leading charity for Crohn’s and Colitis. Right now, over 300,000 people in the UK are living with a lifelong disease that many people have never heard of. And the real number could be almost double that. Because of the stigma and misunderstanding surrounding these disease, thousands of people are suffering in silence. But they are not alone. We’re here for everyone affected by Crohn’s and Colitis.
We’re working to improve diagnosis and treatment, and to fund research into a cure; to raise awareness and to give people hope, comfort and confidence to live freer, fuller lives.
- To drive world-class research that improves lives today and brings us closer to a world free from Crohn’s and Colitis tomorrow
- Everyone to understand Crohn’s and Colitis
- To support and empower everyone to manage their conditions
- To drive high-quality and sustainable clinical care
- Early and accurate diagnosis for alL
The RCGP and Crohn’s & Colitis UK IBD Spotlight Project aims to improve the detection and diagnosis of IBD and to support primary care clinicians to treat and refer patients with Crohn’s and Colitis, alongside flare-management and helping patients to stay well. The IBD Toolkit is a ‘one-stop-shop’, a user-friendly guide to IBD for GPs and other primary care professionals.