Below you will find all the information you need to participate in the Fun Run / Walk, taking place on Friday 13 October, 2017 at 7am. Meeting point will be outside the Pullman Hotel, adjacent to the ACC Liverpool. This information represents the terms of participation.
– Each entrant must indicate on their annual conference registration that they wish to participate. All correspondence will be via email to the address supplied in your registration.
– To participate you must be 18 years or older
– Participation is free of charge but there are costs associated with your participation. As such, you will be asked to reconfirm your participation by completing a disclaimer three weeks before the event.
– If you have not pre-registered to participate you must approach the Social Events desk at the back of the Registration Foyer on Thursday 12 October, 2017.
– Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and these terms and conditions before participating in the event. All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against Haymarket Media Group, the Royal College of GPs and any party acting on its behalf must be completed by all entrants.
– All participants must write their name and details of any health problems or medication on the disclaimer form. All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information (including medical information entered on their registration or collected by event medical staff during or after the Event) can be stored, used and disclosed by Haymarket Media Group in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the Event and for the compilation of statistical information.
– Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line.
– By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation be used to publicise the annual conference and social activities.
– Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including event staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers and city officials throughout the duration of the event.
– All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
– There are no bib numbers for this fun run
– You will not need to check in on the morning of the fun run
– Baby joggers, baby strollers and wheelchairs, where the course route safely allows, are permitted on the course. Participants must begin the event during the official recognised starting times and in the interest of safety should start from the back of the group.
– All participants should congregate in front of the Pullman Hotel, adjacent to the ACC Liverpool, by 6.55am on Friday 12 October.
– A short briefing will be delivered at 7am to highlight what to expect on the course
– Runners will be asked to move towards the overhead connecting bridge to set off first
– Wheelchair users, those running with baby joggers and Walkers will move off second
– Participants are responsible for their recognition and understanding of event signage, symbols and colour relating to participant maps and direction.
– A limited number of marshals will be situated on the course at key turn points
– The route is not a closed pathway and all participants must yield to the right of way of other walkers, runners & cyclists using the public pavement areas. Use the pavement (including any path along the side of the road) where there is one. Use safe crossings where possible and follow the Green Cross Code (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/rules-for-pedestrians-1-to-35)
– In order to participate in the Fun Run / Walk, attendees must agree to the following disclaimer:
‘I accept that the organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event’
– Agreement is given when completing online the disclaimer and medical information form. The form will be emailed to you 4 weeks before the event.
– If this form is not completed pre-show, you must visit the Social Events desk on Thursday 12 October to confirm your participation